Two nights before Christmas, I was laying in bed with Maddie while Steve was brushing his teeth. While we were laying there, she started naming things that she thought were "pretty." She said, "pretty flowers, pretty mom, pretty angel." By the time she said, "angel," she was pointing to the window. I wasn't so sure she really knew what an angel was and asked her about the pretty angel. I asked her where the angel was. She pointed back to the window and then her finger followed up the the ceiling above us. She then said, "hi angel, hi," as she waved. I asked her what color the angel was and she replied, "white angel...bright angel." I was a little freaked by it and asked her what the angels name was. "Sue." (I am almost 100% positive that she hasn't ever heard the name Sue). So then I asked what she was doing. "She is fying (flying)." What color is her hair, I asked. "yewwow," she replied without hesitation. Steve came to bed right after this and I told him to be quiet and ask her about the angel in the room. Steve asked her the same questions and she pointed the the same spot and answered them exactly the same, except her name was "Suzie." We both just kind of wondered where the heck she knew what an angel was and where she got the name Suzie. After a minute of watching Maddie wave to her and talk to her, she then said, "nigh night angel Suzie..bye bye." She waved to her and then she was done talking about it. She did this for three nights in a row and since we left Idaho, hasn't seen her again. So, on Christmas, she chose the name Suzie for her baby, all by herself. I'm not sure what really happened in the room all those nights, but Steve and I haven't ever seen her do something like that before. I hope she does have a guardian angel watching over her!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Belated Christmas Post
Here comes another long post because I have been slacking on my blogging duties. So, go ahead and shoot me!We ended up getting to come home for Christmas. Steve was supposed to get close to 2 weeks off, so we drove down to Idaho Falls and had Christmas at my sister's house. My little brother, Sterling, and his wife lil' Beck came (if you can call it having to come...they live a block away), along with my parents.
Steve isn't a fan of Christmas, in fact, he is the epitome of SCROOGE. I on the other hand, LOVE Christmas and was more than excited to see Maddie get to open presents from Santa (everyone voted they get wrapped this year). Of course, Maddie takes after her dad in every way, and was also a major SCROOGE on Christmas morning. We didn't even wake up until almost 8, so I figured she would be happy. My parents came from their hotel about 8:15 and the par-tay was to begin. I was pooping my pants with excitement to take Maddie downstairs, until we got down there and she didn't even care a single bit that she had 20 presents to open from Santa and everyone else. She sat on my lap most of the morning, pouting, and everyone forcing her to open presents. Seriously, what kid has to be FORCED to open their presents? Santa brought her some things to go with the Princess Kitchen she got from grandma and grandpa Kapcsos. She got a microwave, food, dishes, a checkout, little people airplane, and puzzles. My parents gave her a doll that plays peek-a-boo, a stroller, baby swing, bed and my mom made her and her doll matching blankie's that she made. She got spoiled for only being 2 (almost). Just wish she would have smiled Christmas morning.
Anyways, my parents spoiled us and got us a new Kitchen Aid! I can't wait to learn how to cook. lol. I think it is a lost art for me. I have run out of practice rounds and should be fired from ever using the kitchen again.

Connor and Brianna waiting for Maddie to take a turn opening a present so they can!
Lola was more excited to get this stuffed duck in her stocking then Maddie was about anything she got!
Ster and lil' Beck are so PUMPED to get the Rockband for Wii!!
This is the only picture of Maddie opening a present! She was more excited on Christmas Eve to open the PJ's she is wearing!
Maddie loving on her baby, Suzie, which she named all by herself (story below). This picture was after her 4 hour nap on Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)































2 comments:
I'm so glad you got to go home and be with family!! I love the angel story. Thank goodness for guardian angels.
I still miss you. I'm happy to read your fun stories. You make me laugh. Write more.
Nikki
P.S. my word verification is "bulsh" which I think is funny.
Post a Comment