Mass Destruction
It's funny how we unconsciously look down at others, and judge them for the flaws they display which in turn makes us feel better about the flaws that we might have. Many times, I have found myself thinking, "wow, I can't believe that her hous
e is so messy when she is home all day and only has two kids." UNTIL, I got a kid of my very own and now I never, ever find myself thinking that anymore. A few days ago, I had the house totally clean, went to change a load of laundry to the dryer and put another one in the wash. Seriously, like a three minute job. While I was gone for those three minutes, Maddie had destroyed the living room. All I could do is laugh and think to myself, "wow, my house is a disaster and I only have ONE kid." Kids will be kids and there is so much humor and fun in that. I have learned that I can't be anal about my house being spotless, or wanting my bedding and vacuum lines perfectly straight, or trying to keep Maddie in unstained shirts and untangled hair, because if I do, life would be so boring and Maddie would never get to be a kid! She is so much fun and keeps me laughing constantly. Her personality is the cutest thing in the world and we just love the heck out of her. 































6 comments:
Kim - I'm so thrilled that you have a blog! Your little Maddie is completely precious! She has the most beautiful eyes! So Cute. It is so fun to see what is going on with you all. I love this post too. It makes me feel a touch better about the state of things here - although you should see the house (and the car for that matter) at the end of the day when the three kids get done with it - SO SCARY.
Hope all is well -
Kelly King
Having kids does make you realize that things can't always be perfect. It has made me relax a ton! I love that she did that in a matter of minutes. She would get along well with my little Max!
Hi Kim! glad you found us! it has been a long time! I love your blog--you have a darling little family.
Hey, I thought she was a "Clean Freak"? Enjoy the messes! The kids will be gone, and it'll just be us and the dust, before we know it.
Hey Kim- Your girl is DARLING!! I am jeolous. And you are so right about the house. I love the saying "a clean home is a wasted life!" So I choose to never clean mine! HA HA. Love seeing your blog and cute pics! Camille (Love)
Kim Kim Kim!!! I am so glad you left a comment! I love this blogging thing, it's gets you updated on all the people you wonder about all the time! I had no idea you had a baby! She is so adorable! I just can't believe it! I love this post too, so funny! Keep in touch!! -Kresta
Post a Comment