Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Daddy's Birthday
Steve turned 29 on July 7th. We had to celebrate his birthday on the 6th because he only gets Sunday's off. He has a UN-healthy obsession with airplanes and jets and anything that flies, so we surprised him and took him to the Alberta Aviation Museum. Oh, the sacrifices of being a wife!
Living it up at the air museum. Yahoo!
Afterwards, all of his brothers and sisters that are up here with us, met us at Red Robin for lunch. Then, the men all went to the Body Worlds exhibit and I took Maddie home for a long overdue nap, along with Steve's sisters, Sarah and Amy. As we were driving home there was a HUGE storm. The whole sky was dark gray and it was raining so hard that the streets were flooding within a matter of minutes. It hailed balls the size of quarters and the wind was out of control. I was so relieved to get home and down into the parking garage. As I was pulling Maddie out of the car, the apartment complex fire alarm started beeping. I was already stressed from driving in the scary weather and now the fire alarm? I ignored it and went in the building anyways to see what was going on. Thank goodness my brother-in-law was also coming in the doors and coaxed me to just get on the elevator. I went to my apartment and watched off the balcony...6 firetrucks came and surrounded the building. Everyone else was smart enough to evacuate and were standing outside under the awning so they didn't get soaked from the rain. After 3 1/2 hours and the fireman coming 3 times, they got the stupid thing to shut off. Something was malfunctioning and they had to get an electrician to come fix the problem. So, that left no hope for Maddie and her much needed nap. I thought I was going to rip my hair out before the end of the day. We had some German chocolate cake that night, but didn't even blow out candles because everyone had to go to a company dinner that we skipped out on. What a lame birthday! Sorry babe.

Maddie patiently waiting for her food!!



Chillin' with Auntie Sarah.

2 comments:

Bonnie & Marc Wangsgard said...

Hi Kim! Your little girl is really really cute and I guess you and your husband are alright too! I am glad that you sent an e-mail otherwise I never would have looked at your blog cause I am blogtarded and mostly Bon gives me the updates and shows me various highlights! It was really cool to catch up with you wothout even haveing to talk! Just kidding! I hope you are comeing to the reunion and if not I hope we see you sometime in the near future (this century)! Great to see your fam. Love Marc and the Wangsgards!

AJ said...

Kim, I'm so happy you started a blog, I couldn't get into the facebook thing. Now we can really keep in touch! Happy birthday to the Mister.