Tuesday, April 7, 2009

UPDATE
We need a quick update...since I am a terrible blogger when I live at my parents! Steve finally got a job finishing his electrical apprenticeship and after 6 weeks, got hurt on the job and couldn't go back. He tore all the ligaments and muscle off his ribs on his left shoulder blade area. When he told his boss that he wouldn't be able to lift over 5 pounds for a month, he told him not to worry about coming back to work because there wasn't much work left anyways...SO once again, we are back to CANADA. Steve decided he is going to go do the summer sales again with his brother. He left on Monday and Maddie and I will be going back in 10 days. I have decided that I am getting sick of hopping from country to country! I guess I could complain, but since I don't make the money, I won't! I am just glad that Steve has a job and that I still get to be a "mommy."
Here is a pic of Steve and Maddie after just waking up...she loves being held by Steve for the first 10 minutes after she gets out of bed. Such a daddy's girl.

The tables have turned and Maddie puts Steve to bed with a story

Maddie is growing like a weed all the way around. Her vocabulary is amazing and she is such a bright little girl. She is very shy with new people so sometimes everyone thinks she is dumb, but nope, she is just scared of everyone and everything...lol. Maybe it is how she dresses herself that makes her look not so smart...lol...look how cute she is with her diaper, nike sneakers, sunglasses, bracelet and naked baby! Here is some of her funny sayings lately:
*We were laying in bed and Steve said, "Maddie that is enough messing around, it is time to go to sleep." Maddie pointed at him and then put her finger on her lips and said, "SHHH dad, your da problem, you nee a go da bed." (your the problem, you need to go to bed)


*We were laying down for bed and she heard my parents dog, Gunnar, bark upstairs and said, "tupid Gunnar, he so tupid, he is a bad wowd mom." (stupid Gunnar, he so stupid, he is a bad word mom)

*She always pretends to have imaginary people around and the she was pretending to talk to her cousin, Tyler, in the car and my mom asked what Tyler was saying to her and she said, "the tree, blah blah blah blah is what Tyler says." Isn't she just a little sweetheart? I hope I can say that in ten years!

More Funnies/Facts
*She always says,"cuse me," when she burps

*She has an alphabet puzzle that she can put all the pieces in within 2 minutes (I timed) and then she can tell you what picture is under each piece without moving the letters off to look.

*She was singing the other day and I asked her what song it was and she said, "doo, dooo, doo, you know dat one mom?"

*She has OCD and every time she gets a stack of papers or puzzle pieces or anything in bulk she has to line them up in a straight line.

This time, she ordered them small, big, small, big etc until she ran out of small and had to just add extra big ones in places.

*She calls one of my best friends moms, grama Mellie and when we go to her house, she watches a video of kids singing beach songs in their swimsuits and calls them "naked-ini," because she thinks they are naked. We went to lunch with her the other day and she said really loud in Red Robin, "I like watch naked people at Mellie's house." I'm sure everyone thought we watched porn or something...lol.

*The other day, I came out of the bathroom and Maddie had found this BRAND NEW bag of Oreo Cookies in the closet and had opened them, taken every single one out and split each of them open, licking only one side of each of them. I laughed so hard. I thought for sure she would be sick all day, but of course she was just EXTRA energetic!

*I was getting in the shower after my workout the other morning and Maddie saw my pink sports bra and said, "oh gosh dang it, dat a ug-a-lee bwa mom." (gosh dang it, that's an ugly bra mom)

*She was drawing a picture the other day and stared at it for a minute and said, "howy cwap dat awsome." (holy crap that's awesome)

2 comments:

Kristy said...

lol. that is SO funny with the cookies. Zoe does the same thing with lining everything up too, and stacking her food up in sandwiches, today she had cucumber banana sandwiches.lol. where you guys doing selling? in Edmonton again? we're in Calgary this time. I can't imagine moving so often like you guys, but at least it's now before Maddie is in school

The Cooper's said...

I can't believe you guys are moving again! We will miss you and for sure want to see ya before you go!
Maddie is so dang cute and smart! I love that you record all the cute things she says!