What a HOOT!
I haven't posted any of Maddie's funny stories for awhile and am kind of mad that I haven't written them down! I had so many and have forgotten most of them....although, here are some recent ones that are fresh on my mind!
A few weeks ago, we were going to meet Steve for lunch and there was a fly in the car. I sang her the song, "Shew Fly, Don't Bother Me," and thought she wasn't even listening. The other day, there was a fly on the sliding door in our apartment and she stood in front of him and sang "shew fly, don't fader me."
There is a cartoon on TV called "Ni Hao," and it means hello in Chinese. Steve was buckling Maddie in her car seat one day and he said, "Ni Hao is hello in Japanese." Maddie gave him a funny look and said, "it's Chinese, dad." He totally got called out by a two year old!
Yesterday she ran to me and said, "mom, I am donkey balls." Speechless!
She will tell Steve he is a donkey when he is being silly and always says, "dad yew a donkey, ee-aww."
Maddie hates to go to bed without Steve. One night he was on the computer looking for a job and wasn't in the room with us. Maddie slipped out of bed and walked over to the laptop and said, "no computer, no games. 1..2..3, (shut the computer lid) it's okay dad, it's time da go da bed." What a crack up. We always count with her and she always goes.
We have a few games that Maddie can play over and over and over. One is a pizza game and one is a picnic matching game. I was so sick of playing them and she said, "we need da play a game." So I said, "good, we can go play the quiet game in bed because it is nap time." She replied, "dat's a dumb game, I don't wanna play games, I need to watch toons now."
When she wants you to move your legs off the coffee table to walk by, she says, "sesame, open!" instead of "open, sesame."
Steve and I were watching a sad movie, "Boy in the Striped Pajamas," and as I cried, Maddie said, "it's okay mom, Jesus will help you!" What a little angel.
Steve came home from work the other day, walked in the door, sat in the chair and Maddie went up to him, hugged him and said, "sorry you had a bad day dad." It was adorable. How she even had a clue?
Her new dolly from grandma Cindy is named Anne Marie and she calls her "Amber-ee."
If you say 'you are the best kid in the whole world," or "you are my favorite kid in the whole world," etc, Maddie always corrects you with "whole wide werld."
We had a massive storm a few weeks ago. We went to dinner and it was rainy and kind of dark and when we walked outside afterwards, half of the sky was PITCH black and moving fast towards us and Maddie yelled in the wind, "HOLY "F" it's dark outside." OOOPS!
whenever maddie hears a dog bark or a fire engine siren, she will stop and cup her hand over her ear and say, "you hear dat?"
the other day, steve left for work and maddie came to me and said, "I miss daddy alweady...(pause, with a frown)...he is a good, good, man mom."
she keeps calling big animals, "da giant creatures.
In her prayers she says, "bless the poor and meaty and da sick and the flicted." (poor, needy, sick, afflicted)
She has a friend named Ava who comes to town every few weeks and when I told her she was in town and was coming over, she said, "mom, I don't like Ava....she is mean as a buffalo!"
She woke up the other morning and while she was still in bed, she told Steve, "I saw a fire in the darkness, you can trust me dad." (talking about a dream)
She loves umbrellas and always wants to have one open in the house. The other day I said, "we only use them outside," and she said with a HUGE frown on her face, "but mom, I am so wet from the rain, I need a brella PLEASE!"
the other day, steve left for work and maddie came to me and said, "I miss daddy alweady...(pause, with a frown)...he is a good, good, man mom."
she keeps calling big animals, "da giant creatures.
In her prayers she says, "bless the poor and meaty and da sick and the flicted." (poor, needy, sick, afflicted)
She has a friend named Ava who comes to town every few weeks and when I told her she was in town and was coming over, she said, "mom, I don't like Ava....she is mean as a buffalo!"
She woke up the other morning and while she was still in bed, she told Steve, "I saw a fire in the darkness, you can trust me dad." (talking about a dream)
She loves umbrellas and always wants to have one open in the house. The other day I said, "we only use them outside," and she said with a HUGE frown on her face, "but mom, I am so wet from the rain, I need a brella PLEASE!"
She always tries to move me when she wants me to go somewhere with her and says, "you're too much heavy, mom." On Sundays when we wake her up for church, she always says, "I don't wanna go to nursery, I'm too much tired."
What a cute little peanut! We just love her to pieces. She is so much fun to have around and brings us SO MUCH happiness! (and yes, is always naked!)































0 comments:
Post a Comment