Monday, November 9, 2009

Toddler HIGH
Maddie was on a sugar/life HIGH last night. We couldn't stop laughing at her for hours. We headed to bed early because we like to lay in bed and read together on Sunday nights. Steve was reading to me from the book, "Blind Side," and Maddie comes walking to the side of the bed and said, "here is your bread." She had found Steve's tie from church on the floor, wrapped it around her neck and was pretending to serve us the sacrament. It was hilarious.
Earlier she told Steve, "dad you are sexy, whoo whoo!"
She was also frustrated with me because I had taken off her potty seat that fits on the toilet so I could use it. For ten minutes she kept telling me, "I am a BIG girl and I use the potty, so you don't every take it away." She always says every instead of ever.
Her mattress lays right next to our bed...we finally kicked her out when we got here. She has been adjusting and last night wanted to sleep in our bed. I refused and she laid in her bed saying, "you are not bery nice to me mom, " and when I would try to talk to her she would say, "you just be quiet mom, don't say dat to me!" She thinks she is the mom around here and it is so hard not to just burst out in laughter.
The whole night was just full of the funniest stuff she kept coming up with. She is really starting to get an attitude and pushing the limits with us. We have a hard time keeping a straight face when it all happens and if one of us even snickers about it we both end up laughing our heads off and then she joins in. Parenting....oh the joys!

2 comments:

James & Rachelle said...

Hey! I think I've actually read the book Blind Side (there's no movie of it...right?) ;) Hilarious about Maddie. Man she's funny--just like her mom! Oh and it's about time she starts pushing the limits...she's over 2 years old! It's not fair she's let you off this long! :)

AJ said...

She is Hilarious! I'm peeing my pants!