Saturday, July 10, 2010

Jackson Hole
Spur of the moment, my sister and I decided to take a quick trip to Jackson Hole to camp before I went to stay in Utah.  We ate at our childhood favorite Mexican restuarant, Merry Piglets, walked around the shops and watched the "shootout" on main street.  Jackson Hole has always been one of my favorite places since I was little.  It is where Steve proposed to me too!


Waiting for the shootout.  She was pretty scared of the characters!

Setting up the tent.  Go boys go.  I was worthless.
Maddie putting in tiny sticks, thinking she is the firestarter
Walking to the river
My BESTIE, my sister, Melissa!
Maddies famous pose...?? 
Maddie wanted to wear the head light to get us safely to the bathroom before bed.

The next morning, we took a drive to hike Jenny Lake.  It was a longer, steeper hike than we remembered and Maddie wasn't cooperating so well.  I ended up carrying her on my shoulders and in my arms for 4 out of the 5 miles because she refused to let anyone else take a turn.  It was a good workout!  We went early enough that there was dew on the plants.  My sister jokingly told her to drink the water drops off the leaves and without hesitation, she did.  Maddie then proceeded to inform us that Avatars (from the movie) drink that way and she was now an Avatar. 
Posing as usual
Hunting for Avatars.  Not animals, Avatars.
Jenny Lake
WE MADE IT!  It was worth the hike and the extra 40 lb. daughter I had to pack.

I always have such a great time with my sister and her family.  Thanks for letting us tag along on the camping trip.  We love you guys!

0 comments: