Monday, January 3, 2011



What a HOOT!
Seriously, Maddie is always popping off some funny thing she came up with or making up funny songs or dances to make us all laugh, and she is always successful.  I need to start carrying a pen and paper in my purse because I forget most of the funny stuff, but here are a few things I actually wrote down or remembered over the past little while. We might be the only ones who think she is funny, but I like to record it anyways.
1.  A few months ago I started talking to Maddie about being thankful for things that we have because some people don't have the things we do.  One day she came to me and said, "mom, I am thankful for my legs so I can kick them."  The next day she says, "mom, I am thankful for my eyes so I can wink them."  I'm glad she is starting to realize what she should be thankful for, now we just need to let her know WHY she is thankful.  I mean don't get me wrong, eyes are great for winking, but seeing should possibly be on the thankful priority list too ha ha.

2.  She told me when Steve was visiting last time.  "If dad keeps eating sugar all the time his belly is going to grow and grow and then it will just pop."

3.  Close to Thanksgiving, my niece, Brianna got ringworm on her face in two spots.  About a month later when it was gone, she woke up with a rash all over her back and she said, "mom I think Brianna's ringworms just jumped off her and got on my back!"

4.  She loves to give people bear hugs and squeeze them really hard.  She gave her uncle Adam Davis a bear hug so he gave her one back and she says, "mom, Adam just almost squozed my guts out."

5.  I told her she was getting so tall because her pants are starting to look like shes going to greet a flood soon.  She said, "don't say that ever again."  Me, "why? You don't want to be tall like me?"  Maddie, "NO, I just want to be little and short!"  I was feeling pretty UN-cool and figured she thought it was ugly to be a giant like me, so I asked her why she didn't want to be tall.  Her reply, "because if I grow tall and big you won't be able to hold and snuggle me and I like that."  Guess she thinks I'm okay after all.

6.  My nephew, Connor, has a best friend who comes to play and they always include Maddie in their Nerf gun wars and play sword fights and she loves it.  Preston was over awhile ago and they were eating dinner and she said, "Preston we are best buddies."  He just kind of laughed and then she said, "I just really want to marry you."  I'm sure his male ego hit rock bottom knowing that a 3 year old had a crush on him.

7.  Maddie told me she had to go potty.  If she goes pee, she can do it alone.  If she goes poop, she needs help.  So as she headed to the potty I asked if she was going number one or number two.  She says, "number one is pee, number two is poop, and number five is diarrhea."

8.  She has been refusing to go to nursery at church since she heard a boy screaming for his mom during class a few weeks ago.  So one night while we were laying in bed I asked her why she hated nursery so much and she said, pulling down the covers to show her body, "because I gained weight."  I thought oh crap she is already self- conscious about her weight what am I going to do.  Then she said, "see mom, I just got bigger and gained weight and I am really taller because it is almost my birthday so I am too big for nursery." 

9.  Santa goes through neighborhoods in Syracuse on the firetruck and throws candy to the kids during Christmas time.  Maddie and my brothers kids were playing at my moms and they could hear the sirens and waited forever for him to come, but he never did.  Maddie came to me and said, "I think Santa said a bad word and so the police got him."  She assumed the sirens meant he was getting taken away for something bad. 

10.  She loves to sing "Deck the Halls," but instead of those words she sings, "Chuck the halls is falling..la la la."

11.  This was her prayer last week while Steve was visiting for Christmas.  All alone with no help and it was adorable.  We both just wanted to cry because she is so stinking cute.
Heavenly Father, thank you for our eyes so we can see.  Thank you for our ears so we can hear.  Thank you for our nose so we can breathen in it.  Thank you for our hair so we can like it.  Bless Prophet Monson and his missionaries.  Guide him and direct him and help him to feel the spirit and help him find people who want to talk about the church.  Help us be good examples like Jesus.  In the name Jesus Christ, amen.

0 comments: