Friday, February 18, 2011


Disowned and Gramps Birthday
My mom, myself and Maddie went to American Fork to take my gramps out to lunch for his 84th birthday.  We had some good grub at Texas Roadhouse and then back to their condo to hang out and chat. 
Maddie played with my grams all afternoon throwing squishy balls to each other and having a good time.  When it came time to leave, Maddie informed me that she was going to stay.  I told her we could come have a sleepover another day and she insisted that "this is my new home, I am going to live with these guys."  I told her she couldn't live with them because I would miss her.  Her reply was "you can just have another baby...(pause) and name her Maddie."  After lots of attitude and mean looks, we got her in the car.  She wasn't happy to be going home with me and told us she would do "whatever it takes" to live with them.  I couldn't stop laughing, but at the same time couldn't believe she didn't want me to be her mom anymore.  Isnt that supposed to come when she is a teenager?  I'm going to assume I need to step up the mother role if she is already sick of being with me all of the time!!! 

HAPPY 84th Birthday to my Gramps!!!  My gramps is a great man. Nobody would ever guess he turned 84. There isnt much he can't do...he still drives, works at the temple with my grams, cooks, cleans, you name it, he can still do it. My favorite thing about my gramps is his stories. I could listen to him retell his stories a million times. My favorite ones are the spiritual experiences while serving in his million church callings and mission. He has some amazing stories that help me realize how close heaven really is and how powerful the priesthood can be in our lives. I sure am glad that he is willing to share these kind of experiences to strengthen my testimony and touch my life. What a great example he is!  I love you grandpa.

 Mom and Gramps
 Cutest grandma, Maddie and me, the gothic GIANT
Maddie got to ride on the birthday saddle even though it wasn't her birthday!

0 comments: