Halloween Blooper
Maddie seems to be somewhat of a racist. Not really, but she strongly dislikes and is scared of black people. She would refuse to play with a black doll if I bought it for her. I don't know why or what happened to make her feel this way, but we tell her all of the time that we love everyone and that they are just like us with a different color of skin. She doesn't care, she is scared of them. On Halloween, my brother Torrey, his wife Jill, and myself were walking the kids through their neighborhood for trick-or-treating. At one house, BEFORE she was off the porch or the door had even been shut, she comes screaming and running with her arms up in the air, so proud of herself and the words coming out of her mouth were this, "I touched a black man!!!!" I thought she meant a man in costume, but after looking to my left and seeing my brother bend over laughing, she had touched a real life black man. Apparently he had touched her hand on accident when putting candy in her bucket. That man was probably laughing too, I hope. But she doesn't seem as racist this week. Maybe I should buy her a black doll now. Keep the ball rolling.































0 comments:
Post a Comment