Sunday, January 1, 2012


New Years Eve
I have to say bringing in the New Year wasn't so great for us.  I found out I was finally pregnant a few weeks ago and was approaching the 7 week mark.  I woke up not feeling the greatest, thought it was just morning sickness and we headed out for the day.  We looked at a few apartments to possibly move to and then stopped at Red Robin for a late lunch with Steves cousin, Jesse, and his family. By the time we got home I had major cramps and made Steve pull our mattress out to the living room so I could lay in bed and watch TV.  We are weird like that.  We love to pull our mattress out to the living room on lazy Sunday nights to watch movies or anytime someone is sick.  Steve laughs and tells me that my sister and me are the only ones he knows who do this regularly lol.  He was so nice to rent the last two Harry Potter movies that we hadn't yet seen and hoped it would make this miscarriage more bearable, and it did.  The last one he was out of town and I was alone so it was so nice to have someone here to take care of Maddie and be my nurse, and he was excellent.  This one was worse than the other two with the pain.  I was up most of the night and all the next day with cramps that were close to the pain I had with labor contractions and the whole ordeal lasted almost a week.  Thankfully Steve had some Tylenol 3 from a back injury awhile back and it made the pain more bearable.  I don't understand how come some people don't get any pain and some people feel like they are in labor?  So hopefully this isn't a sign of how the year 2012 is going to pan out.  We will try again and hopefully we will succeed this time!  Maddie is in need of a sibling lol.  Aside from the negatives, Happy New Year everyone. 

1 comments:

The Cooper's said...

Kim, I am so sorry. That is just awful. I wish so bad I could give you a hug right now. Your positive attitude is amazing. Hang in there.