Thursday, November 27, 2008

Birthday Surprise
I am going to have to go out on a limb and say that I had one of the best birthdays EVER on Sunday, the 23rd. Steve had the weekend off and so Saturday, we took a trip to Edmonton to play at the mall with Maddie. He did some shopping on his own while Maddie and I looked at the toy stores, then took Maddie to the amusement park to ride on the carousel, ferris wheel, and the train. She was so excited and would wave to whichever one of us wasn’t riding with her. We got pizza and stopped in our town to rent a the movie, Wall-E, but it was gone and they said they would call when it came back. On our way home, they called, so Steve dropped us off and ran back to town.
While I was cleaning up, I didn’t realize Steve had gotten home because he was unloading the car. I could hear a whimpering in the house and couldn’t figure out what it was and was just praying that we didn’t get a stray animal in the house. But, then I saw her. The cutest, chubbiest chocolate lab puppy sitting by the door. He had paid for her a few days earlier and going back for the movie was perfect for him to stop by and pick her up. Maddie and me were thrilled. We have wanted to get Maddie a dog for awhile, but it isn’t realistic right now since we don’t have a real place to call home and can’t decide which country to live in! Steve has to start leaving for 3 weeks and getting to come home for 1 week, so he wanted us to have something to feel safer out here in the middle of nowhere. Lola, our puppy, isn’t the safest feeling you could get, but it will be nice to have another distraction while Steve is gone.
Steve also shopped for me at the mall and got me some hoodies, slippers, and my favorite….sweats and a robe from the TALL girl store so they are long enough! He also made dinner and had our good friends from Edmonton come for dinner on Sunday. He even made the cake all by himself. He went WAY overboard, but was so sweet and made my birthday so much fun. Thanks honey, you really are so good to us and we sure love you.
Not much else has been going on around here. I am sad that I don’t get to be home for thanksgiving today, but I sure hope everyone has a happy turkey day since it isn’t thanksgiving here in Canada.

4 comments:

Doug_Jen said...

So where is the pics of Lola? Happy b-day a few days ago. We just got a Black Lab and I thought it was a boy but opps a GIRL!!! I sure hope she helps with you feeling safe when Steve isn't there.

☮ bRi LeE ☮ said...

Ya, can't decide which country to live in? wow i feel way loved. you know that usa(prefferably idaho) is the best. not canada. haha. anyways, you need to fix your camera! SOON! or just bring her down here, that works too. completely works actually. you, steve, maddie, and lola(don't forget the kitty and squirrels though) can come move down here, and live in our house. it all works! i'm serious kim. i completely miss you. i walked in your room, and it made me miss you guys even more. its kinda lonely. seriously! i'm not kidding!! not at all!! come back! sorry this was so long.lol i just miss you guys, MAJORLY!!

Nik said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, BABY!!!
We are trying to decide if Santa should bring a puppy this year...we'll see. I don't know if I can handle another, "baby"!

Emily said...

I'm so impressed! I can't wait to see you guys. I hope he has a trick up his sleeve for Christmas cuz he'll have a hard time tpping that. Happy belated.