Friday, February 26, 2010

"GRAMPS"
(Maddie's drawing of grandpa Stewart)
I was doing Maddie's hair last week and she said, "mom, I miss my grandpa Stewart.  He is such a nice man.  Sometimes we can't see people every day but we still love them.  I love grandpa.  He flied a purple kite with me down the street (a year ago) and gived me Jimmy (stuffed guinea pig) and takes me to get the mail with him.  I miss him."  It was so precious.  She has always loved my dad (and mom for that matter).  In a way, I am sure my parents are like her second parents because we lived with them the whole first year and a half of her life and they helped us raise her.  She adores them and talks about going to see them all of the time.  Whenever we go to their house, she feels right at home and isn't her super shy self.  I am grateful for my parents and all the love and help that they have given us and for the wonderful examples they are in Maddie's life.  Our family has been blessed so many times with their kindness and support.  We all miss and love you guys! 

1 comments:

Jenn said...

SO cute! I bet that just melted your dad's heart!