Friday, February 26, 2010

Knock, Knock Turnal
Maddie is such a crack-up.  A few days ago she was asking me why her hamster was always sleeping so that she couldn't play with him.  I told her that hampsters like to sleep when it is light outside and then when it gets dark they wake up and play.  So when you are awake, he is asleep and when you are asleep, he is awake, we call this nocturnal.  I didn't figure she really understood.  Steve came home from work the other night and she was telling me that she wanted "Rhino" to wake up so she could play with him.  I asked her to tell dad what the hampster is when it sleeps in the day.  She replies, "dad, my hamster is knock-knock turnal." 

She adores this hamster.  There isnt a second that she doesn't worry about him having food, water and being held.  I let her hold him while she watches cartoons so he can sleep on her lap.  Maddie has always been such an animal lover and is so tenderhearted about it. Next on the list is getting another dog (or a yard first).



Also, a sidenote, Emily told us the hamster was a girl, so Maddie chose to name her, Tiny.  A few days after getting her home, it started growing "balls" and we knew that Emily was wrong about the gender.  Needless to say, Maddie has re-named the guy, "Rhino."

2 comments:

MelissaC said...

I can't believe Maddie is 3! That went by so fast. She is beautiful Kimmy. We miss you guys, and I love your hair, it's getting long...I'm a little jealous! Love your guts!

☮ bRi LeE ☮ said...

Aww she is going to turn into a me :) just wait kim... muahahaha. then you'll HAVE to move here so she can volunteer at the zoo :)