Root Canal and a Movie
Yesterday I had to take Maddie to Lethbridge to her dental appointment. I knew for sure she had one major cavity to get filled, but we were in for a treat. She refused to open her mouth at her first appointment, so they decided it would be best to put her out. I knew it would be bad to watch, but it was worse than I thought. She panicked when they got her in the chair. She was bawling but trying so hard to swallow it back. Her cry was more fearful than any cry I have ever heard come out of her little mouth. There was so much panic and fear in her eyes and as she held hand. Three nurses had to hold her down in the chair while another one covered her nose and mouth with a mask. I couldn't hold back the tears. There is nothing worse in the world than watching your child go through life experiences like that and not being able to do anything about it. I hate seeing Maddie when she is scared, it brings that instant lump to my throat that makes my eyes want to well up with tears. It rips on your heart strings. Within 30 seconds, the gas put her to sleep and they shipped me off to the waiting room.
She ended up having 1 root canal, 4 cavities and 4 sealed teeth. Poor kid has been on tylenol with codine all week and still hasn't hardly been able to eat. Thankfully the rest of the day spent in Lethbridge was good times with auntie Vic. We met her the night before for dinner at Tony Roma's and then us girls went to see the movie, "Ramona and Beezus," requested by Maddie. It was adorable. Thanks for letting us crash at your house and for having a girls night with us Vic! We had a blast.































1 comments:
Awe, poor Maddie!! I'm glad that she is doing better now. And I had such a blast having a girls night with you guys! Love you!
Post a Comment