Lazy Mother
I'm not sure what my deal is, but I have been such a slacker on the blogging. I am so unmotivated to get it done and keep putting it off. So, here is our update...
Steve still doesn't have a job. He has 2 offers on the table to go back and finish his electrical apprenticeship, but neither of the jobs start for another month. He is going CRAZY being home and stressing about not working, but if something doesn't come along sooner, at least he has 2 options. I am getting close to selling him though, so hopefully he can find work sooner! Since he is going to be finishing the electrical thing, I also am trying to find a job. I would love to find a nanny job that will let me take Maddie, or a night job somewhere. I am too much of a WUSS to go back to teaching and leave Maddie in daycare. I just can't bring myself to let anyone else take care of her.
Maddie is getting funnier and funnier by the day. I can't ever get mad at her when she gets "adamtude" (attitude) because she is so freaking hilarious that Steve and I just laugh our heads off. I have tried biting my cheek and tongue, but just can't seem to hold back laughing. Great discipline skills we both possess!
Wearing gama becky's rubber gloves the she dug out of the cupboard
Here are some of her latest funnies:
*Anytime she sees someone without a shirt on (poster, magazine, herself, Steve and me etc.) she yells, "nak-a-dini!" She saw someone in Wal-Mart who had a strapless shirt on with a short skirt and she said, "nak-a-dini lady, clothes on now."
*Steve hurt his back really bad before bed the other night and was literally crippled. He couldn't walk, stand or move. Maddie had anxiety about him being hurt. She kept saying, "it ok, daddy, yew back hewt? yew need ban-aid." After 20 times of her making sure he was going to live, she came in the room with a water bottle and said, "yew back hewt daddy? Hab a dwink water." Like water was going to be his cure all.
*When you tell her that you love her, she replies with, "lub yew too, 3, 6, x, y, z."
*When we sold Lola (our chocolate lab) last week, she was crying as the girl walked her outside to their car and she kept yelling, "no take Lola, no take Lola." It was really sad, but as soon as we walked in the house and shut the door she cried, "leab Lola, take Toby!" Toby is my parents dog...ha ha ha. We went from tears to laughs. We sure miss Lola though.
Nothing much else is going on with us. We are just pathetic excuses for human beings...living with my parents until a job comes up. Maddie turns 2 tomorrow and it makes me sick to my stomach to see how fast she is growing up and how time flies right in front of you. 
Maddie and her cousin, Tyler, who is 6 weeks younger than her. They are so cute!































0 comments:
Post a Comment