More Maddie-isms
When she doesn't want to do what you tell her or just doesn't want to listen she will say, "I don't know what you are talking about so just leave me alone".
Steve was taking a hot bath because his back hurt the other night. Maddie doesn't let anyone shower or bathe without being in the bathroom and if possible, in with them. While Steve was soaking in Epsom salts, Maddie was by his side being his "doctor". While she was taking care of him she said, "it's okay little guy, mommy is here." Then she proceeded to shave his back with her pretend razor. She loves to take care of everyone and is so kind and thoughtful.
We saw a feed the hungry commercial on TV. She asked why the kids were sad and I explained they were hungry and thirsty with no money. I told her we should help them and she replies, "mom, we can't get in the TV you silly."
Before we fell asleep the other night she was talking up a storm to us. She paused for a bit and asked, "do I make Jesus happy?" We of course told her she did and let her know how special and good she was and she says, "I do make him happy because I don't say stupid and I just drink tea, not coffee." Amazing that she understands things like that and even more amazing that she already cares. She is such a sweet kid and is always trying to make good choices....I just hope it continues!!
She came to Steve the other night and said, "dad will you be my prince? I am the princess and you can be the prince and we can get married and dance together." She wrapped herself in her bed sheet like a dress and made him wear a rag on his head and they danced in the living room. It was precious.
Grandpa Steven has a horse named Butch. We were in the store and she saw a stuffed horse that was the color of Butch and she said, "look mom, this horse looks like BUTT-ch."
For family home evening a few weeks ago we made a paper turkey and drew things on each of his paper feathers of the things we are thankful for (since it was USA Thanksgiving). Maddie chose hands, missionaries and then her third feather had a face on it that looked really distraught. When we asked her what it was she was thankful for, she informed us that this face was a man who was scared of the dark, so we love the light. So clever!
Maddie's mattress is on our floor next to our bed. The other morning she woke up and tapped me saying, "mom, wake up, my dog is bored and wants to go watch toons!!!"
When she doesn't want to do what you tell her or just doesn't want to listen she will say, "I don't know what you are talking about so just leave me alone".
Steve was asked to say the opening prayer in sacrament meeting this week. Maddie was so excited to see him at the pulpit and grinning from ear to ear with pride. When he came to sit back down by us she said loudly with a huge grin, "GOOD JOB DAD!" and jumped on his lap for a hug. It was absolutely adorable. She really was so proud of him.
Steve was taking a hot bath because his back hurt the other night. Maddie doesn't let anyone shower or bathe without being in the bathroom and if possible, in with them. While Steve was soaking in Epsom salts, Maddie was by his side being his "doctor". While she was taking care of him she said, "it's okay little guy, mommy is here." Then she proceeded to shave his back with her pretend razor. She loves to take care of everyone and is so kind and thoughtful.
We saw a feed the hungry commercial on TV. She asked why the kids were sad and I explained they were hungry and thirsty with no money. I told her we should help them and she replies, "mom, we can't get in the TV you silly."
Before we fell asleep the other night she was talking up a storm to us. She paused for a bit and asked, "do I make Jesus happy?" We of course told her she did and let her know how special and good she was and she says, "I do make him happy because I don't say stupid and I just drink tea, not coffee." Amazing that she understands things like that and even more amazing that she already cares. She is such a sweet kid and is always trying to make good choices....I just hope it continues!!
I feel so grateful to be her mom!































0 comments:
Post a Comment