Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Who Needs Sleep
It is amazing that I even get any sleep at night with my two parrots (Steve and Maddie). Between the two of them it is almost a constant noise factory in our room since Maddie's mattress is on our floor next to our bed.

Maddie moans, laughs, screams and cries in her sleep. Steve snores, moans, talks and twitches in his sleep. Last night Steve fell asleep before us girls did and I was right on the verge of passing out myself. Suddenly, Steve started to moan like a sick, dying, cow and Maddie pipes in and says, "SSHHHH, you be quiet, dad" I just laughed and figured he would stop and she would fall asleep herself. I was wrong. After 15 minutes of moaning and shushing I had to wake Steve up. He rolled over, quieted down and then Maddie began her sleep crying. These two are such a gong show. I am never having another baby or I will be one sleepless wreck of a human. Some nights I feel like I have 2 babies who wake me up 20 times in a night. Thankfully I love them both to pieces.

1 comments:

Jamie said...

hahahahaha that is hilarious!