Voice In My Head
Maddie makes me laugh. This was our conversation last week and I can't stop thinking about it.
Maddie comes and plops on the couch next to me with a really big, disgruntled sigh.
Me "What's the trouble bug?"
Maddie "I'm just tired of the voices always talking in my head. They are driving me crazy."
Me "What voices in your head? What do they say to you?"
Maddie "The one that just talks when I talk. It always just says all the things that I say. It just really is driving me nuts!"
Me "I think your head is probably just thinking about the words it wants your to say out of your mouth."
Maddie "It just doesn't stop talking all the time. Sometimes it talks to me in Spanish."
Man she makes me laugh. I will sure miss having funny, toddler conversations with this kid! I hate that she is growing up.
Also yesterday she was putting her "lipstick" on my sister, niece and myself. Melissa asked her what kind of lipstick it was. Maddie replies, "It's ni hao kitty kind." I was totally confused and have been trying to tell her that it is not "ni hao kai lans cat and kept informing her it is hello kitty." Well my sister pointed out that ni hao DOES in fact mean "hello" in Chinese so that was why she kept calling it that. My kid totally got me. She has seen the Chinese cartoon "Ni Hao Kai Lan" and put two and two together. Little smarty pants.































0 comments:
Post a Comment