Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Jeff's Wedding Dinner...
My cute cousin, Jeff, got hitched Saturday. I'm not too proud to say that I still haven't said two words to his new wife, Hailey, but she seems great, and knows how to have a PARTAY. Some of my family went to his wedding dinner that night. All I can say is.."WOW." Pretty much the fanciest, most expensive wedding that I will ever, I mean, EVER attend. I guess they first showed up in a horse drawn carriage (too late to see that) to the old SLC Hardware Building, where they held their dinner and everything was perfectly in place. When we walked in, we had to find our names on mini bottles of sparkling cider (for the toast), which had the number of the table we were to sit at.
The food was super fancy and they had a lemonade bar and a candy "bar" set up where you could fill your own bag of candy..over and over and over with fancy little candies...(and believe me, I did, over and over..my purse weighed way more on the way out then it did on the way in). They also had a mini photo booth, like the ones in the mall set up. You had to get your photo taken and when it printed out your pictures, you pasted them on a page for their wedding book and signed it. So here is my funny story for the night. My hilarious uncle, Gary, had a great plan for the photo booth. He was at the dinner alone without his partner, and my sister and I were both at the dinner alone, without our husbands. We all wanted to get in the booth together, but it wasn't going to be big enough. Gary grabbed some paper, drew an outline of a man's head with two dots for eyes and a smile. He had made a "stand-in" man for all three of us to use. We all took our pictures with the same paper head and then glued our pictures on him and signed it. I thought it was a great idea on Gary's part.

The whole night was great. We got little boxes of cookie dough (their favorite treat) on our way out the door. They danced and had Italian Gelato and cake..and our family left early so we didn't get see most of the dancing or didn't get to hold sparklers as they got on their cab and headed for Cancun. Maddie had teenage babysitters for the first time, so my anxiety was getting the better of me all night (but Brianna and her friends did a GREAT job and she was still alive when I got home)!
The bride and groom (thanks for the picture, Jenny)
My ridiculously funny brother, Sterling and his wife, Becky
Big Beck (my mom), annoyed that I took her picture
Sterling "monkey-lips", Melissa and myself (the fam)
TABLE #7 BABY!! (someone I don't know, Ali, Klary, me, Melissa, uncle Gary, Jennie and Chris) Melissa was really on table #11, but kept sneaking to ours because we were funner!
My cousins Klary and Ali and my sister Melissa
Big Stew (my dad) picking up a date for Melissa
Melissa schmoozing on the CARDBOARD missionary my dad picked for her

0 comments: