Father's Day!
I just wanted to quickly make a post about Steve, being Father's Day yesterday and all. Since he is, hands down, the best "daddy" in the world to sweet Maddie! I knew that Steve was going to be a wonderful dad someday, and he has totally exceeded my expectations!
He and Maddie are best buds and he is always so happy when she is around. The nights he comes home late and doesn't get to see her after work, he is pretty sad and can't wait until morning to wake her up. Everyday that he is gone, Maddie will ask 100 times where is her dad and can we meet him for lunch? She loves when he gives her "ephlant" rides on his back, reads books with him, takes her to the pool, let's her jump on the bed, tickles her and loves to snuggle him!
Steve is always willing to help out with her and there isn't a task he won't do if it involves taking care of Maddie. Maddie really is so lucky to have such a tight bond with him and is even more lucky that he loves her as much as he does. There is nothing that makes me happier than seeing them play and interact with each other. Like Maddie tells him all of the time "you are da cute kid, and you are da best, dad!" We love you Steve and are so thankful to have you in our lives.
I also wanted to let my dad know that I was thinking about him and wishing that we were home to celebrate for Father's Day. My dad is amazing. He is such a teddy bear with the biggest, softest heart. My whole life he has been supportive of everything that I have done. I could always count on seeing my parents at every sporting event I was in, and even when I moved to Iowa, they were at more games than most parents who lived close. My dad is a great example to me and I can count on one hand how many times I have heard him swear. He is a spiritual man and was always willing to give a father's blessing whenever it was needed. There are so many things I love about my dad! Thanks for everything that you have done for me and STILL do for me. I couldn't ask for a better dad. I love you!































0 comments:
Post a Comment