Tuesday, April 20, 2010

We Finally Made IT!
It only took us 4 years, but we finally made it to the TEMPLE to be sealed for eternity, as a family.  We took a quick trip to Utah for the ordeal so my family could all be with us, and because my grandpa Bellon had gotten special permission from the First Presidency to perform it (since he used to be a sealer).  We left after Steve got off work Wednesday night and took turns driving and sleeping through the night.  We had lots to do, so there was no time to waste!
Since my grandparents work at the Mt. Timanogos Temple, we chose to do it there.  Saturday, April 17, was the big day.  I can't begin to describe how nervous I was!  Most of all, I was nervous for Maddie.  She wouldn't see us all day and would be held in a room with women who would dress her and bring her to our sealing when it was time.  She doesn't do well with strangers!  All morning I wanted to barf and my nerves didn't settle until we hit the front desk and were greeted by the sweetest woman dressed in white whose spirit was so calming and sweet.  After they took all of our information down and we separated with our escorts (my parents), my nerves turned into anxiousness and excitement.  The whole experience was interesting and a bit confusing since it was all new, but after it was all over and I had time to ponder on what had taken place, I was overwhelmed by the many blessings that were promised to us.  What an amazing feeling when you know you are in the right place, doing the right thing.  Maddie was an angel and the women in the youth center loved her.  They said she had no problems and was very talkative.  Maddie asked them, "isn't this Jesus' house?  Then where is he?"  The women told her he is hard to find, so she spent lots of her time looking in the rooms and around all the corners for him.  Maddie being calm and happy with strangers was a whole miracle in itself.  Nothing felt more right then when they brought her into the sealing room with us.  We both were so emotional.  It was such a great day.  Our lives were honestly touched and changed forever.  You always hear people talk about the temple and its peacefulness, but until you actually get through the doors and participate, you can't fully understand how peaceful it really is. 
We are so thankful for my family who have been such great examples for us to follow. Having them in our lives only made it easier to reach our goal.  We couldn't be more blessed.  We know this was the right decision and we can't thank my family enough for supporting us and being with us to share this experience. Also, thanks to my sister, Melissa, who watched everyone's kids at my grandparents house so they could all attend.  She is the best sister!  We love all of you so much! 

I asked Maddie to tell me about the temple and these are her EXACT words which I typed while she talked.  She is so funny!

Maddie, "We went to the temple. We took pictures. I ride in Sheri’s (my aunt) car and she taked me to the temple. I was at a room with small ladies that were my size and they played and the other kid with blonde hair didn’t share with me. The doctors (ladies dressed in white robes) changed my clothes into a white dress that was beautiful but didn’t get me a pink one and they put my skirt into a locker room. They took me to dad and mom and married me. Grandma Becky, grandpa Stewart and grandma Bellon and grandpa Bellon were at the room when we got married and I forgot who else because I didn‘t know lots of their names. They took me to the room where they took my hand and I took my hand on top of moms hand and dads hand so we can be together forever. But I didn’t find Jesus at the temple. How come he is hiding in the temple? I love the angel on the top of the Temple. Maybe the angel is Jesus’ father on the Temple. I feel good at the temple but how come peoples have white dresses? I wanted pink dresses, not white. We didn’t just get married at the store, we got married at the temple because we want to be together. We are friends and Jesus makes me safe at the Temple. The white girl I saw at the Temple was grandma Becky. Why was there silly hats there? I love the Temple because it is so cute."


Just for my own record I wanted to list who was at the temple with us:  Grandma and grandpa Bellon, Becky and Stewart Morrill (parents), Torrey and Jill Morrill (brother), Sterling and Becky Morrill (brother), Mike and Sheri Peterson (aunt/uncle), Jeff and Hailey Peterson (cousin), Chris and Jennie Larsen (cousin), greg Bellon (uncle), Orlo Spencer (friend), Lori and Rich Woodland (coach), and Meg and Ivan Dubios (friends).    And afterwards: Melissa and Adam (sister), Connor (nephew), Brianna (niece), Tacie (niece), Brooklyn (niece), Kate (niece), Tyler (nephew) and Greg's kids, Olivia, Matthew, Julia, Andre.

6 comments:

shauna said...

Yay! So glad you guys were able to be with family for such a special event! Love the pictures...and Maddie's story telling...

The Cooper's said...

Yay!! I cried reading this. What an incredible experience for you guys. We are so happy for your cute little family!!!

Dusty and Kristin said...

Congrats you guys!
Looks so beautiful and green! I wouldn't of wanted to come back...

Emily said...

that is so exciting! Im so happy for you.. This post almost made me cry! Maddie is hilarious as always... Her little description was adorable!

AJ said...

Kimmee congratulations! I cried when I read this post! It is so sweet all of Maddie's observations. You will be so glad you recorded all this. Tender Moments.

Kindred Family said...

Kim! I'm so happy for you guys. You're a great family and I'm so happy you were able to go to the temple together. Miss you!