The "B" Word
Maddie was hanging out with my sister and her family. They were watching the movie "Step Up 3" and I wasn't in the room at the time but the "B" word was used in the movie and Maddie repeated it, not knowing it was bad. I came a few minutes later and as I walked in the room she said, "they are watching a bad movie, mom." They all laughed and told me how she had used the "B" word and Maddie broke down in tears and was bawling on my shoulder. Through her crying she asked that we go to our room, so we did. After she calmed down and I explained she didn't need to feel bad for saying that word since she didn't know it was bad, I asked why she was so upset. She tells me this, "I made Jesus feel bad by saying a bad word and I don't want to make Jesus sad." I made sure to let her know that she hadn't made him sad, but had made him happy by not watching the bad show and being a good example.
She is such a good hearted kid. I love how she tries so hard to make good choices (besides her attitude towards me) and to be a good example. We are so blessed to have her sweet spirit in our lives.































0 comments:
Post a Comment