His family (Emily, Sarah, Amy, Adam and Vic) came over later in the evening, along with our new friends down the hall that work with Steve, Lydia and Mike Shanks. Emily brought Maddie a sweet blow-up castle that myself, Mike and Steve had to blow up because the elevators weren't working and Emily and Sarah were out of breath from having to climb all 18 flights of stairs!
It was a great Mother's Day and I have Steve to thank for making it special. And of course, Emily for making us laugh. Here she is trying on Maddie's floaty horse for size. What a dink she is...man she makes us laugh when she isn't smoking the pipe!
I do have to say the best part of this day was later that night. Steve, Maddie and I were all snuggled in bed and I said goodnight to Maddie and she reached over and hugged me and said, "mom, you da best EVER." She chose to say it all on her own and it was so sweet. Maddie makes my whole world worth living and moments like those make being a mother totally worth the time, effort and sleepless nights. I am so glad that I have been blessed with this opportunity! Being a mom is my greatest joy!































0 comments:
Post a Comment