Saturday, May 2, 2009

OH CANADA
I finally am back to reality and got Internet and TV and a phone!! It is amazing how you can feel so far away from life without the Internet and being able to communicate with people.

Maddie and I made the trek back to Canada on the 17th of April. We stopped at my sister's in Idaho Falls for the night and hung out before leaving on the 18th. I wanted to leave super early as usual, but couldn't get up so we didn't leave until almost 6am. Maddie was pretty good and slept the first 5 hours! It was great because I didn't even have to stop once during that time. We got to Steve's parents farm around 4pm and it was so nice to get out of the jam packed car and relax. Steve met us there after work and Maddie was so excited to see him. We stayed at the farm for 6 days so they could all spend some quality time with Maddie, since it isn't too often that they get to see her!

She had a blast with all the girls (Katie, Telisa, Alysha, Cassie, Morgan and Trinity), auntie Amy and grams and gramps. Everyone kept her entertained with hours of fun playing in the "princess" kitchen, taking baths, playing outside, jumping on the trampoline, hours of play-dough fun and she especially had a blast with all the animals and motorized equipment. She wanted to ride tractors all day long! When she saw the riding lawn mower she told Steve, "dat John deere is just my size!" Grandpa pulled out all the tractors for her to ride and Steve let her ride the mower and the mini quads. She was in heaven. I figured the loud noises would freak her out, but she didn't even care.

Here is gramps taking her for a ride on the tractor

Getting ready for a ride on the "green john".

Coaxing grandpa to the tractor shed...isn't this a priceless picture?

I even took a ride with her on the mini quad! I look like I have grasshopper legs...ha ha.

Maddie had a traumatizing experience the day before we left the farm. As we were sitting in the living room, just after waking up, a sweet little bird slammed into the big window and fell on the deck. After ten minutes of the poor bird not getting back up and flying away, Steve went out and picked it up so the cats wouldn't kill it. Maddie was so concerned and excited about a bird being in the house. She held it and talked to it and when Steve went to take it back outside, she cried so hard and said, "dad, dat's Maddie's bird, don't take it." She was so sad! Afterwards, she came in and told a story 50 times about the bird and this is what she would say (in shouting words and flailing arms), "da bird SMASHED and he cried and he SMASHED da window.." Over and over! I'm pretty sure that she won't ever forget that experience. She still will see the pictures of it and tell me the bird is crying. I will make sure never to tell her that the poor bid probably died because it was bleeding out of its mouth and never tried to fly again. It was so depressing. Poor little bird.

It was so fun to stay at the farm and let Maddie have such a good time with everyone. Steve and I even got to slip away and have a date! It was great. Thanks for letting us crash at the farm all week and for all the fun times Cindy and Steven! We love you guys.

1 comments:

Beth said...

WOW I can't believe that you have left already... I know you were here for awhile but time seriously flew by! The pictures on the farm are great, the one with Grandpa is priceless. Where do they live? It looks like a beautiful place.