Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Little Tribute
Since it being Mother's Day tomorrow and I having tons of extra time on my hands, I thought I should make sure to tell the mother's in my life how much they mean to me. I'm not that great at expressing how I really feel, so this won't do justice or even make a dent in how much I love these women.

First, my own mother

Everyone who knows my mom LOVES her to death. She is such a great example to everyone around her and is constantly doing things for everyone else because she is very selfless. She gives more service than anyone that I know and goes above and beyond expectations. She is very kind and has a huge, tender, heart.  She works harder than any woman that I know and I hardly ever see her just relaxing when she has time, she is always busy! Everyone tells us that we are twins and I have to say that its a compliment because I would love to look as young as she does when I get older! She has the best laugh and sometimes if you can catch her with a full bladder and make her laugh super hard, you will catch her crossing her legs and if you are lucky, peeing her pants.  I can only say that because it happens to me all the time and since she obviously passed on the gene, she can get her share of being made fun of as well!  She is a great mother, grandmother, wife, and friend, not to mention an amazing cook. Everyone is always barking requests for her homemade goodies (especially cinnamon buns). I have been blessed to have her as my own mother and am thankful every single day that she raised me with good morals and values and for all the love and support that her and my dad have given me throughout my entire life. I would be lost without them and love them to pieces! Thanks for being such a great friend and mother.

Next, my mother-in-law, Cindy

When I hear crazy stories about having terrible in-laws, I am always thankful that I have, Cindy, as mine! Since the first day that I met her, she has been nothing but sweet to me. Cindy is a strong woman and is also a great mother. It takes a special kind of woman to raise 10 children along with foster kids. She is very kind and always has a nice, soft voice when she talks. She is always finding ways to help people in need and making sure that everyone has what they need. She would bend over backwards to help anyone. Her patience is amazing and her ability to make you feel calm and relaxed makes everyone feel good. She is so easy to talk to and can make any situation seem easier to deal with that it really is. I am so blessed to have her in my life and love her so much!

My grandma Bellon

My grams is such a sweet lady. I haven't ever met someone who has so many friends all over the place. She is a social butterfly and makes friends with anyone and everyone that she meets. She always seems to have a smile on her face and always wants to be helping out. She is one of the best cooks in the world and I only wish that I would have made her teach me her secrets through the years. Her willingness to serve is admiring. She is very spiritual and has a strong testimony that radiates when she is around. She hardly ever complains...even when her arm is dislocated! She is one of the best story tellers ever and one of my favorite memories of her as a child was listening to all of the stories she could tell from memory and from her childhood. I love spending time with her, hearing her laugh and watching her play with Maddie. She doesn't care if her arm is broken or how old she is, you can always find her playing on the floor, in the doll house or anywhere that Maddie wants her to be. She is such a great example to me and I love her to death!

And lastly, my grandma Morrill
This isn't a good picture, but the only one I have. Even though she passed away a year ago, I wanted to pay tribute to her also. Grams was a very classy lady who wouldn't go to town or be caught dead in public without having her hair just right, her make-up and best clothes on. Growing up and having her as a grams was a delight. We loved spending time on the farm with her and gramps and making memories that are often thought about. I enjoyed her kindness and admired her courage to handle lifes twists and turns. She was always supportive of my gramps and his many callings and duties. The gospel was also very important to her and she displayed that in the way she lived her life. We sure miss being able to spend time with her and are also happy that she is back with our gramps. We love and miss you grams.

0 comments: