Friday, August 1, 2008

First times....


I know that being a mother means that you are going to have to experience the good and bad things your child does, you just always hope that there will never be a first time for some of those things! Well, today was the first time that Maddie threw a FIT in the grocery store. She usually is really good at the store and will point to things that she wants me to give her, but never gets mad when we walk past them, just gives her puppy eyes and signs the word, "please". Today she saw a stupid turtle bath sponge. I mean it was so ridiculous, but she loves turtles. I looked at the tag and it was 10 bucks, there was no way she was going to be taking that lame sponge home for that price....so I just walked past like every other time. SHE FLIPPED OUT! It was even after she had a nap today, when she is usually her calmest. She proceeded to throw her stuffed turtle she brought on the floor, along with my purse and along with some produce from the cart. The stupid shopping carts at Wal-Mart in Canada have a shelf that is in reach of the kids seat...DUMB IDEA! Anyways, she starting screaming bloody freakin' murder at the top of her lungs, made HUGE tears flow and was kicking the crap out of me. SERIOUSLY? I was just trying so hard not to laugh because I know she is stubborn, but jeez-la-weez! Everyone was staring at me like I had just punched her lights out and that I was a terrible person for just continuing on with my shopping. I wanted to scream, "you stupid people, take a freakin' picture, she isn't bleeding, so mind your own bleeping business!" She was over it in about a minute, but it felt like eternity with all the stare downs. I just don't think I am ready for the terrible two's just yet. I thought I was free for 6 more months, but I guess I don't decide. I think I need to go eat some chocolate!



This doesn't look like the face of a tantrum thrower....AHHH!!



6 comments:

Jenn said...

HAHAHAHA, it's so nice to know someone else has similar experiences as me! Just be glad you don't have TWIN TWO YEAR OLD BOYS! I'm amazed at the things that absolutely devastate Josh, he is such a drama king. Why did we have kids again!? I hate how people stare too, it drives me crazy!!

Nik said...

I always do end up laughing. People then think you are crazy, too. Our Walmart is yoo white trashed for people to notice, which is kind of nice.

Doug_Jen said...

Hey Kim it si me Jenny (Burkett) Jorgensen anyway I hear you two of my kids have done that and more than I would like and I feel the exact same way MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. So frustrating, but I am with you 10 bucks they can keep it. Y ou have a beautiful little girl and family, hope all is well adn good luck in Canada. It has been good to read up on your blog. I am sure there are more adventures to come.

Aubrey said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. The blogging community is so big and so fun. Looks like you guys are going great. It was good to hear from you.

AJ said...

Be glad it only lasted a minute! I've spent an entire 30 minute Walmart trip with all of them bawling the whole time! Sometimes I wonder what people would disaprove of worse, A fit throwing child, or a screaming mother? It's a no win situation... so I let the kids get all the looks.

Aubrey Newland said...

Wow, Kim! So neat to hear from you! Your little Maddie looks like such a cutie. She IS the same age as my nephew, Corbin. Thanks for checking out my blog. It's fun to see what you're up to.
Aubrey